Position: Prevention/Child Specialist; Full time.
Summary of Duties: Focused on the agency’s vision, mission, and strategic plan, conducts primary prevention education focusing on interpersonal, domestic, and sexual violence based on the social ecological model and the social determinants of health.
- Focus on primary prevention education in Dubois, Perry, Pike, and Spencer counties across the socioecological model.
- Assist with awareness/prevention efforts in Crawford, Martin, Orange, and other areas as appropriate.
- Identify target allies and collaborate with key community stakeholders by making contacts, networking and/or participating in value-added activities that lead to social norm changing.
- Keep accurate documentation as may be required. Assist with evaluation efforts.
- Assist in developing funding sources and assist with grant writing as appropriate.
- Prepare reports for submission to funding source/s. Also assist in reporting of program outcomes to a range of constituents.
- Assist in the preparation, evaluation, and/or facilitation of Natural Helpers retreats and ongoing trainings with participating schools.
- Research, develop, maintain, and/or procure and distribute educational materials and curriculum. Insure that the materials based on the principles of primary prevention and are evidence informed.
- Collaborate with the agency in all aspects including identification of and correction of any gaps in prevention education services.
- Using a learn-by -doing approach – research, collect, share and use best practice resources.
- Attend staff meetings and/or trainings as requested or required by the Executive Director.
- Initiate and implement agency assessment and evaluation of efforts.
- Become a certified trainer for Stewards of Children.
- Assist with social media as needed.
- Obtain and maintain ICADV BIP facilitator certification.
- Assume other duties as required by the Executive Director and the Board of Directors.
- A bachelor’s degree is not required for this position, however, individuals with relevant work experience, or education beyond high school is a minimum requirement. Certificates or associate degrees in subjects such as social work, human resource management, or one of the social or behavioral sciences will meet requirements.
- Position requires the employee to should be emotionally mature, objective, and sensitive to the needs, maturity level, culture of the audience. Must be able to handle responsibility, work independently, and maintain good working relationships with clientele and coworkers.
- Required to attend basic domestic/sexual violence orientation training and attend at a minimum of ten (10) hours of continuing education annually.
- A valid driver’s license and a criminal background check required. Also, must be willing to travel.
- Position requires a strong desire to help others, effective communication skills, a strong sense of responsibility, public presentation skills, and the ability to manage time effectively. Both strong oral and written skills needed.
- Position requires knowledge and experience in both teaching to groups and working one on one with individuals.
- Position requires an outgoing approach to network and cultivate relationships
- In-depth knowledge of interpersonal, domestic, and sexual violence, child abuse, anti-bullying/relational aggression, technology safety, and other topics as determined.
- Capacity to relate to varying age levels as well as the ability to facilitate working with groups, individuals, volunteers, and staff.
- Have working knowledge of social media and traditional communication/marketing tools. Computer and technology literacy required – email, Word, internet basics, training technology, cell phones, etc.
- Be culturally competent and sensitive to community diversity.
- Have flexible schedule with the capacity to work some weekends, and evenings.
Location: Based in Jasper, Indiana; service area includes Crawford, Dubois, Martin, Orange, Perry, Pike, and Spencer Counties.
Posted: Applications with resumes accepted beginning March 23, 2018, until close of business on April 20, 2018.
Position: Child Advocate; Full time.
Summary of Duties: To establish, create and maintain individual and group programming aimed mitigating the impact of domestic violence and sexual assault on children and families.
1. Participate in on call schedule and provide crisis intervention services to victims who have made initial contact with the agency through the crisis line or by other means, i.e. criminal justice advocacy, personal advocacy, emergency room advocacy, crisis counseling, crisis intervention services, emergency/essential transportation, Safe Housing Project, information/referral services, victim assistance services, emotional support and other victim services as developed.
2. Lead efforts to establish support group programming to meet the needs of parents and children affected by Domestic and Sexual violence. Determine which curriculums or best practices to be utilized by Victim Services team for groups and establish protocol.
3. Work collaboratively with Lead Advocate and the Executive Director to expand services aimed at meeting the needs of children affected by domestic violence and sexual assault.
4. Attend forensic interviews as needed.
5. Provide community outreach within all counties within the service area.
6. Assist with the maintenance of the Victim Services Resource Directory and Client Handbook.
7. Assist in the coordination of meetings/other activities of Crisis Connection volunteers in cooperation with other staff.
8. Attend staff meetings as required by the Executive Director.
9. Provide Stewards of Children presentations throughout our service delivery area and assist in providing professional and community educational training to the community.
10. Achieve Indiana Coalition Against Domestic Violence Batterers Intervention Program monitoring certification and provide monitoring services as approved by the Executive Director.
1. A bachelor’s degree is not required for this position, however, individuals with relevant work experience, or education beyond high school is a minimum requirement. Certificates or associate degrees in subjects such as social work, human services, gerontology, or one of the social or behavioral sciences will meet requirements.
2. Required to have experience with at least two of the following skills: conducting interviews, employing problem-solving techniques, handling crisis intervention matters, multi-tasking, and using proper case management and referral procedures.
3. Required to attend basic domestic/sexual violence orientation training and attend at a minimum of ten (10) hours of continuing education annually.
4. Required to have a valid driver’s license and to submit to a criminal background investigation.
5. Position requires active listening skills, effective written and oral communication skills, a strong sense of responsibility, healthy client/advocate boundaries, effective time management skills, and, the ability to work independently as well as with the team.
Posted: Applications with resumes accepted until close of business on April 27, 2018.
- Click here for application.
- Print and complete application,
- Email completed application along with resume describing qualifications, to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
P.O. Box 903
Jasper, IN 47547
All candidate inquiries and materials will be treated confidentially.
Crisis Connection, Inc. (CCI) is a private nonprofit corporation incorporated within the State of Indiana in 1987. CCI is a grassroots agency that grew from the establishment of a hotline to a multi-service agency in collaboration with community partners. CCI provides direct client services – crisis intervention, safety planning, advocacy – to persons affected by domestic and sexual violence, and educational services – Primary Prevention, School Curriculum, and Batterer’s Intervention Program.
We promote individual accountability and respect to end Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault through confidential crisis intervention, victim advocacy, prevention education and collaboration with community partners.
Crisis Connection is an Equal Opportunity Employer