Position: Victim Advocate; Full time.
Summary of Duties: To maintain and continue to develop programs for victims of domestic /sexual violence in Crawford, Daviess, Dubois, Martin, Orange, Perry, Pike, and Spencer Counties.
- Provide ongoing services to victims who have made initial contact with the agency through the crisis line or by other means, i.e. criminal justice advocacy, personal advocacy, emergency room advocacy, crisis counseling, crisis intervention services, emergency/essential transportation, Safe Housing Project, information/referral services, victim assistance services, emotional support and other victim services as developed.
- Assist in the recruitment and training of hotline volunteers in order to maintain a volunteer base that provides victim services, staffing of crisis line, and other activities as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Assist in the provision of women’s support groups and programming for children, as needed.
- Document services provided as required by funding sources, the Victim Services Coordinator, the Executive Director, and/or the Board of Directors.
- Assist with providing office hours in the Jasper, Rockport, Petersburg, Washington, and Tell City offices, provide staffing of the hotline/on-call services (24/7)
- Provide community outreach within all counties within the service area. Coordinate domestic/sexual violence task forces within service area, as needed.
- Maintain an updated resource directory and client handbook.
- Assist in the coordination of meetings/other activities of Crisis Connection volunteers in cooperation with other staff.
- Attend staff meetings as required by the Executive Director.
- Assist with other CCI staff in providing professional and community educational training to the community in regards to providing victim services, as needed
- Assist with the development and/or participate in county Sexual Assault Response Teams and Multi-Disciplinary Teams.
- Develop/maintain Domestic Abuse Intervention Program curriculum for women perpetrators of violence and provide the DAIP client sessions.
- Achieve Indiana Coalition Against Domestic Violence Batterers Intervention Program monitoring certification and provide monitoring services as approved by the Executive Director.
- Assume other duties as required by the Victim Services Coordinator and the Executive Director.
A bachelor’s degree is not required for this position, however, individuals with relevant work experience, or education beyond high school is a minimum requirement. Certificates or associate degrees in subjects such as social work, human services, gerontology, or one of the social or behavioral sciences will meet requirements.
- Required to have experience with at least two of the following skills: conducting interviews, employing problem-solving techniques, handling crisis intervention matters, multi-tasking, and using proper case management and referral procedures.
- Required to attend basic domestic/sexual violence orientation training and attend at a minimum of ten (10) hours of continuing education annually.
- Required to have a valid driver’s license and to submit to a criminal background investigation.
- Position requires active listening skills, effective written and oral communication skills, a strong sense of responsibility, healthy client/advocate boundaries, effective time management skills, and, the ability to work independently as well as with the team.
Location: Based in Jasper, Indiana; service area includes Crawford, Daviess, Dubois, Martin, Orange, Perry, Pike, and Spencer Counties.
Posted: Applications with resumes accepted beginning June 20, 2017, until close of business on July 14, 2017.
- Click here for application.
- Print and complete application,
- Email completed application along with resume describing qualifications, to: email@example.com or mail to:
P.O. Box 903
Jasper, IN 47547
All candidate inquiries and materials will be treated confidentially.
Crisis Connection, Inc. (CCI) is a private nonprofit corporation incorporated within the State of Indiana in 1987. CCI is a grassroots agency that grew from the establishment of a hotline to a multi-service agency in collaboration with community partners. CCI provides direct client services – crisis intervention, safety planning, advocacy – to persons affected by domestic and sexual violence, and educational services – Primary Prevention, School Curriculum, and Batterer’s Intervention Program.
We promote individual accountability and respect to end Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault through confidential crisis intervention, victim advocacy, prevention education and collaboration with community partners.
Crisis Connection is an Equal Opportunity Employer